Monday, January 6, 2014

Braided Infinity Scarf

This Braided Infinity Scarf is really quick and easy to make.  I saw this scarf on Pinterest, and the link back was to bloglovin.com so I don't know where it originated.  The directions that were typed below the photo didn't work out, so I made up my own.  The photo I saw used 3 strips of the same color yarn, but I thought it would look neat to try one strip of a contrasting color.





Here are the directions for one strip:

I used worsted weight yarn and a size I crochet hook.  (Use whatever hook works with the yarn you are using).
1 skein off white yarn
1 skein blue yarn
(I used Heartland by Lion Brand yarn)

Chain 162.  HDC in the 3rd chain from hook and in each chain across.  Chain 2, turn.  HDC for 5 more rows.  (6 rows total)  One strip completed.  Make a total of 3 strips.

Now comes the tricky part.  The strips are braided.   How tight or how loosely you braid depends on what you want the finished scarf to look like.  I pinned the three strips to my design board.



 I made several attempts at the braiding until I was satisfied with how the scarf looked.  



The one below is pretty tight.  




And this one is a bit too tight I think.  The curve at the bottom of the scarf looks more like a knot!



After working with the scarf, I clipped the ends together (or you could use safety pins) until they were sewn.  You can see that this next version is a lot looser.  The one below isn't the final product, but I think I almost like it better.  



  This is a fun and easy scarf to make that looks much more complicated than it really is.




 Next time I want to try one in three colors.  I think that using either all one color or 3 different colors would work better.

This is a photo of my back yard taken through the kitchen window.  We are under a travel ban due to a big snowfall and wind chills that are around -45F degrees.  It is good weather to stay inside and crochet or knit.





Thanks for stopping by!

I hope you are finding some time to stitch today! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! LuAnn.
    Your Braided Infinity Scarf is very stylish and I love it !
    I think the color combination is nice.

    Thank you for posting my chart on your blog.
    Sorry, I'm late for tell you thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a unique braided infinity scarf. Everyone can make their unique infinity scarf based on what they preferred, and you really make your own a unique one. Thanks for sharing this post. You have a lovely scarf.

    ReplyDelete

Print This Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10